Tuesday 21 July 2015

Mikkeli Cathedral 8.2.2015

I was spending a weekend in Mikkeli because of my Finnish teacher studies at the University of Eastern Finland. While we had a lunch pause, I visited this beautiful cathedral and photographed my dogs on the steps - it was my first Dogs on the church step -photo, that's how I got the idea. It was a chilly winter day and I remember there was a lot of snow and my girls was playing and fooling around. I only had two of my four dogs with me. The two older ones were staying at home with my cats, my father was taking care of them.


Mikkeli Cathedral is an evangelical church designed by the Finnish church architect Josef Stenbäck and it was built in 1896 - 1897 and presents the gothic revival style. The altar painting "Crucified" was painted by Pekka Halonen in 1899.

No comments:

Post a Comment