Tuesday 21 July 2015

Padasjoki church 20.7.2015

We had a nice summer day in Padasjoki with my parents. My father wanted to see the old neighborhoods where he spent many summers as he was a child. There were a lot of changes but we still found the house of his grandmother, my great grandmother, and the house of her sister. I had all my four dogs with me, but because we were walking some kilometers, I decided to leave my oldest one in the car, because her legs get tired easily. The cover photo is also taken here.


This evangelical church in Padasjoki was built in 1926 - 1928. The first church in this place was built however already in the 15. century. The altar painting, called "Rescurrection", was rescued from fire as the older church burned in 1924, and it is painted by Alexandra Frosterus-Saltin.


No comments:

Post a Comment