Monday 27 July 2015

Elimäki church 27.7.2015

I was driving to my parents and wanted to shoot at least one dogs and chuchs -photo and so I made a little detour and stopped at this church in the village where my grandfather comes from. Unfortunately there were a no dogs -sign (maybe because the church is surrounded by a cemetary) and some elderly ladies standing in front of the church so I couldn't take my pictures. However, when I decide something, it is difficult to scrap the idea, so I made a new detour on my way home. It was already almost eleven o'clock and therefore getting dark, but luckily I managed to shoot some photos.


Elimäki church was built in 1638 and is one of the oldest wooden churches in Finland. This baroque style cross church has cultural historically very valuable three-pieces-altar painting from the former church. I couldn't find any information to the painter, but it was donated by Casper Wrede, who brouht it as plundering from the thirty years's war.


No comments:

Post a Comment